17-27th June in Eforie-Nord, on the Black Sea coastline
CS Eforie Siciliana, SCM Bucharest, Apa Nova Bucharest and ACS Central Chess Club Bucharest, together with the County Sports Hall of Constanta and Authority Eforie are organizing the International Chess Festival Eforie 2010, which is set to take place on 17-27th June in Eforie-Nord, on the Black Sea coastline.
The tournament will be played with Swiss pairings and over 11 rounds. The organizer is providing chess sets and clocks. Total prize fund is 52.100 LEI (approx. 12.000 EUR), with 42.000 LEI allocated for the main prizes and 10.100 for the prizes in junior groups.
Medium elo of the top 10 players enrolled in international tournament Eforie is the highest in the history of Open tournaments held in Romania. In the first edition of the tournament, played in 2009, 340 chess players from 12 countries took participation.
So far confirmed participation comes from 17 countries: Saudi Arabia, Belarus, Bulgaria, Georgia, Germany, Jordan, Israel, Lebanon, Lithuania, Nigeria, Poland, Moldova, Romania, Russian Federation, Turkey, Sweden, Ukraine. Organizers estimate that the tournament will be attended by representatives from over 25 countries.
A wide range of accommodation options is at disposal, contact the organizers at 0745/799776, 0720/100341, or email@example.com for more information. Official web page: www.clubulregilor.ro
Top pre-registered players:
- Sergey Fedorchuk, GM 2646, Ukraine
- Maxim Turov, GM 2624, the winner of the last year’s edition of the Festival and winner of the strong tournament in India, Chennai Open 2010
- Viorel Iordashescu, GM 2619, Moldova, finished strong 2nd at the 2010 tournament in Dubai
- Alexei Fedorov, GM 2618, Belarus
- Boris Chatalbashev, GM 2593, the 2010 champion of Bulgaria
- Constantin Lupulescu, GM 2593, the 2010 champion of Romania
- Marcin Dziuba, GM 2576, Poland
- Sarunas Sulskis, GM 2554, Lithuania
- Corina Peptan, WGM 2416, the greatest number of titles in the history of Romania
Exchange rates (National Bank of Romania – 02.03.2010):
1 EURO = 4,1092 LEI
1 USD = 3,0406 LEI