86 titled players in one of the strongest leagues in Europe
The Turkey İş Bank Chess League 2011 will take place 27 June – 09 July in the Konya-Hilton Garden Inn Otel. It will be one of the top club competitions of Europe, featuring 36 grandmasters and 86 titled players.
Top board players include GM Pavel Eljanov (UKR, ELO 2712), GM Rustam Kasimdzhanov (UZB, ELO 2685), GM Ernesto Inarkiev (RUS, ELO 2679), GM Liviu Dieter Nisipeanu (ROU, ELO 2662), GM Evgenij Miroshnichenko (UKR, ELO 2651), GM Boris Savchenko (RUS, ELO 2630), GM Mikheil Mchedlishvili (GEO, ELO 2629), GM Mircea Parligras (ROU, ELO 2626), GM Mikhail Gurevich (TUR, ELO 2617), GM Alexander Lastin (RUS, ELO 2617), GM Suat Atalik (TUR, ELO 2616), GM Levan Pantsulaia (GEO, ELO 2613), GM Kaido Kulaots (EST, ELO 2607), GM Merab Gagunashvili (GEO, ELO 2603), GM Alexander Galkin (RUS, ELO 2598), GM Dragan Solak (SRB, ELO 2588), GM Vladislav Borovikov (RUS, ELO 2586), GM Illya Nyzhnyk (UKR, ELO 2583), GM Nijat Mamedov (AZE, ELO 2587), GM Alexander Shimanov (RUS, ELO 2583), GM David Arutinian (GEO, ELO 2564), GM Nana Dzagnidze (GEO, ELO 2557), GM Andrey Vovk (UKR, ELO 2545), GM Esen Baris (TUR, ELO 2553), GM Kivanc Hazendaroglu (TUR, ELO 2544), GM Alexander Ipatov (ESP, ELO 2536), GM Rasul Ibrrhimov (AZE, ELO 2532), GM Tornike Sanikidze (GEO, ELO 2524), GM Gamil Agamaliev (AZE, ELO 2523), GM Vasif Durarbeyli (AZE, ELO 2511), IM Mustafa Yilmaz (TUR, ELO 2489), GM Emre Can (TUR, ELO 2487), GM Azer Mirzoev (AZE, ELO 2481), IM Anna Ushenina (UKR, ELO 2468), IM Melia Salome (GEO, ELO 2444), IM Martha Fierro (ECU, ELO 2388), IM Olga Zimna (ITA, 2346), WIM Adriana Nikolova (BUL, ELO 2333), WGM Sopio Gvetadze (GEO, ELO 2330), WIM Narmin Kazimova (AZE, ELO 2262)
Full list of teams and players here
The Turkish league competition is not only a battle between strong players, it also gives chance for youth players to grow up in direct first team league matches. The first four board of every team are the titled players, followed by a female athlete, a junior player, an U16 boy and girl tables, and U14 boy and girl tables.
Turkey İş Bank Chess League matches will have time controls 90 minutes for 40 moves + 30 minutes to the end of the game and 30 seconds increment.
Games and information will be available daily at the official website
many top players start competing today in Turkey
The Turkish first chess division, İş Bank Chess League, is going to take place in İzmit (the eastern neighbour of İstanbul) between June 23 – July 3. It features strong international participation with the co-winner of the Baku Grand Prix GM Vugar Gashimov(2679), the Valjevo 2007 winner GM Michael Roiz (2659), GM Mikhail Mchedlishvili(2635), Dragan Solak(2630), GM Gadir Guseinov (2625), GM Suat Atalık(2592), GM Ioannis Papaiannous(2566), GM Hristos Banikas(2600), etc.
Following the successful women event Ataturk Chess Championship, many women top players have returned to play in this year’s edition of the Turkish Chess League. The top women players include IM/WGM Anna Muzychuk(2486), IM/WGM Anna Ushenina (2474), IM/WGM Lela Javakhishvili(2466), IM/WGM Nana Dzagnidze(2443), IM/WGM Nino Khurtsizde(2413) IM/WGM Ekaterina Atalık(2409), etc.
Beşiktaş chess club is two times consecutive winner of the competition. In previous editions they have had GM Mamedyarov, GM Kuzubov, GM Areschenko, GM Miroschnicenko. This time, however, they rely entirely on local players – IM Atakisi, FM Olcayoz, FM Yagiz, Tanrikulu, and Yilmazyerli.
İSEK Aquamatch club sems to be one of the favorites with an interesting mixture between top Turkish and Greek players – GM Suat Atalik, GM Ioannis Papaionnou, GM Hristos Banikas, WGM Ekaterina Atalik, and FM Tolga Demirel.
Another rating favorites of the tournament are Doruk Koleji chess club with GM Savchenko, GM Mamedov, IM Ushenina, WGM Stepovaia, and IM Erturan
The competition will be a team round robin event with 16 teams and 15 rounds. Here are all the chess clubs in the İş Bank Chess League with their top players.
İş Bank Chess League
1. Besiktas (IM Atakisi, FM Olcayoz, FM Yagiz)
2. İSEK Aquamatch (GM Atalik, GM Papaionnou, GM Banikas, WGM Atalik, and FM Demirel)
3. THY – Turkish Airlines (GM Gagunashvili, IM Anna Muzychuk, IM Can, IM Erdogdu, WGM Melia, WGM Mariya Muzychuk)
4. Tophane – Bursa (GM Spasov, IM Karakehaiov, FM Gurcan, WIM Chilingirova)
5. Antalya Callispor (GM Shanava, WGM Javakishvili, IM Sideifzade, FM Laciner, IM Durarbeyli)
6. İTÜ-Istanbul Technical University (FM Citak, FM Erdogan, FM Ataman, WIM Topel)
7. TED Ankara College Sports Club (GM Mikhalchishin, IM Soylu, FM Karadeniz, FM Ipek, FM Solakoglu)
8. Konya Selçuk University (GM Roiz, GM Mchedlishvili, WGM Gvetadze)
9. Adana Truva Chess Club (GM Gashimov, GM Huseynov, GM Safarli, IM Haznedaroglu, IM Esen, IM Dzagnidze)
10. Denizli Erbakir (GM Gelashvili, GM Aroshidze, IM Khurtsidze)
11. Pamukkale University (GM Grivas, GM Odeev, WGM Sharevic, WGM Kharlovic, Emir Ozturk)
12. Antalya Deniz Genclik (FM Tuncer, FM Karatekin, FM Ulker, WFM Tekeli)
13. Tarsus Zeka Chess Club (GM Solak, GM Abbasov, FM Bayram, IM Nana Matandze)
14. Manisa Doruk College (GM Mamedov, IM Ushenina, GM Savchenko, WGM Stepovaia, and IM Erturan)
15. Mersin Ezgi Chess Club (Goksel, Duman, Husnillin, WIM L. Genova, Sengul)
16. Servergazi Municipality Sports Club (GM Arutinian, IM Sanikidze, IM Lomineishvili, WIM R. Genova, IM Arduman)
Official site: Turkish Chess Federation
IM Anna Muzychuk will play for THY – Turkish Airlines
IM Ushenina will compete for Doruk Koleji chess club
The champion of Bulgaria for 2008 GM Spasov is the top player of Tophane – Bursa
GM Suat Atalik is the top local player of the competition
GM Grivas, this year’s Corus C paricipant, will lead Pamukkale University
WIM Zehra Topel can surprise for İTÜ-Istanbul Technical University